A New Era of the Historic Franchise
SOULCALIBUR VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original SOULCALIBUR to uncover hidden truths.
Video Source – Bandai Namco Entertainment America
The Legendary Struggle
The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world, with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. SOULCALIBUR VI tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can execute visceral and dynamic attacks with ease. SOULCALIBUR VI marks a new era of the historic franchise and its legendary struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!
- Unreal Engine – For the first time in franchise history, beautiful and jaw-dropping 3D character models, visual effects and stages rendered in Unreal Engine.
- New Battle Mechanics – Read opponents’ attacks to execute a strategic Reversal Edge to land a counter attack while in guard.
- Multiple Fighting Styles – Choose from a worldly roster of warriors, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and visual flare.
- Dynamic Battles – Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring all-new battle mechanics taking gameplay to the next level.
MAXI, THE DANDY OF THE SEAS JOINS SOULCALIBUR VI
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe are pleased to announce the nunchaku wielder Maxi will be joining the SOULCALIBUR VI roster. SOULCALIBUR VI will be launched in 2018 for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC.
— Bandai Namco UK (@BandaiNamcoUK) May 31, 2018
Maxi’s father had worked in the Ryukyu Kingdom as a merchant. Though fortunate enough to experience different cultures from his trade, he felt tied down by his job. On his deathbed, he told Maxi to go out and see the world. Deciding to live by these words, Maxi set out to seek total freedom. He found this out at sea where he became a pirate to see the world his father couldn’t.
Maxi’s weapon is a nunchaku which is extremely difficult to wield. It will give a rain of pain to the opponent but only if you know how to handle it!
SOULCALIBUR VI will be launched in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. For more information about the game and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment please visit:
- The BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Website
- The BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Facebook
- The BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Twitter