Heavy Gear Assault Is Here
The world of Heavy Gear Assault is unforgiving — but so is your lust for glory. As a pilot on the distant planet Terra Nova, you play the high-stakes game of competitive Gear Dueling. You earn fame and fortune by making a name for yourself on the arena floor. You stand out from the crowd by customizing the look and style of your Gear. You manage corporate sponsors, hire a support staff and fine-tune your Gear’s performance in the Gear Bay. You rise to the top, claim your position — and with every cannon shell left in your magazines, you refuse to let go.
Heavy Gear Assault puts you in control of a multi-ton, humanoid war machine better known as a Gear. The peak of Terra Novan engineering, Gears feature a Rotary V-Engine, an advanced, compact and highly efficient internal combustion engine. For faster speeds, Gears are equipped with a Secondary Movement System (SMS) in the form of either wheels or treads under their feet. Armored with advanced composites and loaded with an assortment of weapons, Gears are the most advanced weapon platform available on Terra Nova.
It is up to you to manage and maintain your Gears on the arena floor and off. Customize, upgrade, and equip yours Gears exactly how you like. In combat, you’ll need to balance hydraulic and electric power to keep your Gear moving. Just remember, whether you eviscerate your enemy with relentless firepower or put a precision VibroKatana blade in their back, be sure to do it with style. After all, that’s what your fans paid to see.
From The Developers
Full Steam ahead! Heavy Gear Assault is now available for PC through Steam Early Access.
The market is now active. You can purchase available Gears, weapons, and armour parts. Players will also only have access to Gears they own whether purchased as a pledge, from our webstore, or with TEC. All weapons and armour plates are currently available through the Gear Bay and can be used in-game. We will be locking these inventories in a future update.
- “Billboard” header fonts now display correctly
- Correct Voice Overs now play in the Tutorial
- No longer able to purchase items if you do not have enough TEC in the market
- Confirmation screen when purchasing items in the market
- New Very Heavy Autocannon model
- Updated Tutorial overlay text to show Standard, Advanced, and Gamepad commands
- SMS to toggle by default instead of push-and-hold
- Locked player Gear inventories, you now only have access to Gears you own
- Gears, weapons, and armour can be purchased from the market (all weapons and armour are currently unlocked in the Gear Bay)