If you were gaming back in 1997 or if your are a fan of retro gaming, you remember the date, June 30, 1997. The day one of the most contreversial games ever created was released, carmageddon.
In many countries (including Germany and, for a short time, the UK), the first release of the game was censored. They contained zombies with green blood or robots with black oil instead of people, as running over the non-human figures was considered more acceptable by their respective ratings boards. In the UK, the BBFC refused to certify the game unless all blood and gore was removed. After 10 months of appeal, the BBFC certified the original version. In some countries, the game was banned completely, including Brazil. In Portugal and Australia the game was passed completely uncut with an +18 and MA15+ rating, respectively.
Now, we are much more lenient with our death and violence in games (Grand Theft Auto comes to mind). So its time for a REBOOT of this bloody delicious game but even better…lets make it worse!
• Over 30 cool custom killing machines, each with their own highly distinctive character
• 10 large open environments to explore
• A host of moving targets to hunt down for points, including pedestrians in wheelchairs & mobility scooters, cyclists, bears and aliens
• Career mode with 6 different event types
• Multiplayer with 4 online event types
• Fully featured action replay mode; to relive all the action again from any perspective.
• Over 90 crazy PowerUps, complex car damage and repair system, blood, laughs