The original trailer for Alien: Covenant didn’t seem to be to well received by fans. So not to long after the first was released, they’ve launched a second, much creepier “Re-Cut” trailer.
Personally I was already sold before I even watched the original trailer. For me anything to do with the Alien movie series is worth giving a chance. I didn’t really see anything wrong with the first trailer. I do however think this one is a bit better though.
I came across this trailer on Polygon’s Facebook Fan Page today. One of their followers nailed it in their comment section.
“Silas Andrew Tavares I swear the Alien fans are the most bipolar people ever. “Prometheus sucked because it didn’t have Xenomorphs bring them back” “The sequel looks nothing like Prometheus and looks just like the originals…. and why are there Xenomorphs?” MAKE UP YOUR FREAKING MIND.”
Alien: Covenant is an upcoming American science-fiction horror film directed by Ridley Scott and written by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, and John Logan. It is the sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus, the second installment in the Alien prequel series, the sixth installment overall in the Alien film series, and the third installment to be directed by Scott. The film stars Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce, returning in their roles from Prometheus, with newcomers Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Billy Crudup and James Franco. The film is scheduled to be released on May 19, 2017.
Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant find what they believe to be an uncharted paradise. What the crew discover is a dark, dangerous world, whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
- Michael Fassbender as David and Walter: David is a synthetic android created by the Weyland Corporation, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus. Walter is a more advanced android who assists the crew aboard Covenant.
- Katherine Waterston as Daniels: A crew member of Covenant.
- Danny McBride as the pilot of Covenant.
- Noomi Rapace as Dr. Elizabeth Shaw: An archaeologist, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus.
- Guy Pearce as Peter Weyland: The billionaire founder and CEO of Weyland Corp, who died before the destruction of the Prometheus.
- James Franco as Branson: The captain of Covenant and Daniels’ husband.
- Demián Bichir
- Billy Crudup
- Amy Seimetz
- Jussie Smollett
- Carmen Ejogo
- Callie Hernandez
- Alexander England
- Benjamin Rigby
- Uli Latukefu
- Nathaniel Dean
- Tess Haubrich
- Goran D. Kleut
- Matt Scaletti