This week PlayStation is releasing their PS VR, and a lot of games to go with it. PlayStation isn’t the only competitors in the VR market. The HTC Vive and Occulus Rift have been out for a while now, and both have many games in their inventories. Since the PS VR is launching at $399.99, it may have a leg up on the competition. The high starting prices of the HTC Vive, and Occulus equipment may have caused many VR games to go unnoticed by many gamers. If your curious what are the most popular games that are compatible with the HTC Vive, you’ve come to the right place.
#10. Elite Dangerous
Video Source – GameSpot
Elite Dangerous is the definitive massively multiplayer space epic, bringing gaming’s original open world adventure to the modern generation with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entirety of the Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions.
Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, players do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to survive in a futuristic cutthroat galaxy and to stand among the ranks of the iconic Elite. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and handcrafted evolving narrative. Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
400 Billion Star Systems. Infinite Freedom. Blaze Your Own Trail.
A Galaxy Of Wonders
The 400 billion star systems of the Milky Way are the stage for Elite Dangerous‘ open-ended gameplay. The real stars, planets, moons, asteroid fields and black holes of our own galaxy are built to their true epic proportions in the largest designed playspace in videogame history.
A Unique Connected Game Experience
Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s personal story influences the connected galaxy and handcrafted evolving narrative.
Blaze Your Own Trail
Upgrade your ship and customize every component as you hunt, explore, fight, mine, smuggle, trade and survive in the cutthroat galaxy of the year 3301. Do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to stand among the ranks of the Elite.
Experience unpredictable encounters with players from around the world in Elite Dangerous’ vast massively multiplayer space. Experience the connected galaxy alone in Solo mode or with players across the world in Open Play, where every pilot you face could become a trusted ally or your deadliest enemy. You will need to register a free Elite Dangerous account with Frontier to play the game.
A Living Game
Elite Dangerous grows and expands with new features and content. Major updates react to the way players want to play and create new gameplay opportunities for the hundreds of thousands of players cooperating, competing and exploring together in the connected galaxy.
The Original Open World Adventure
Elite Dangerous is the third sequel to 1984’s genre-defining Elite, bringing gaming’s original open world adventure into the modern generation with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entire Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions.
Get It Elite Dangerous For $29.99
#9. Vanishing Realms™
Video Source – UploadVR
Vanishing Realms: Rite of Steel is an immersive Role Playing Game designed from the ground up for Virtual Reality play. Use one-to-one motion controls and movement so that you are fully in control of combat. To swing, duck and block, you don’t hit a button, but physically move to perform these actions as if you were there – because you are!
Treasure chests, weapon shops, a horde of undead foes, mystic writings, banished gods, lost artifacts, ancient tombs and moonlit forest – it’s all here waiting to be discovered in a beautifully hand-crafted VR realm.
- Battle life-sized monsters in stunning, face-to-face melee and magical combat. Hold weapons directly in your hands, learn to block enemy strikes, seek openings in their armor and defenses and strike back. The longer you play Vanishing Realms, the more you’ll hone your physical skills. You’ll take on more powerful and advanced enemies as you move deeper into the world.
- Explore, Discover, Collect, Solve, Play. Directly interact and move freely through a rich and varied fantasy world. Vanishing Realms combines the long tradition of hand-crafted game design with the intuitive and immersive experiences made possible through Virtual Reality and hand-held tracked controllers.
- Surround yourself with Adventure. Pause to take in the moonlit vista before you. Rest beneath a gnarled apple tree – it’s good to see the night sky again. How long have you been fighting and exploring in this place? Rummage in your backpack, take a few bites of bread and cheese, drink a healing draught, think of all you’ve seen and…is something moving over there…on the tree line, beyond the rock outcropping?
Get Vanishing Realms For $19.99
#8. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Video Source – Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
In Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, one player is trapped in a virtual room with a ticking time bomb they must defuse. The other players are the “Experts” who must give the instructions to defuse the bomb by deciphering the information found in the bomb defusal manual. But there’s a catch: the experts can’t see the bomb, so everyone will need to talk it out – fast!
Rounds are fast-paced, tense, occasionally silly, and almost always loud. Everybody has a role to play whether they are defusing the bomb or not. Swap out between rounds and share the experience with all of your friends!
Puzzle solving and communication skills – and maybe a few friendships – will be put to the test as players race to defuse bombs while communicating quickly, clearly, and effectively.
- Challenging puzzles that will test the limits of your communication skills… and friendships?
- A different bomb every time! Procedurally generated puzzles keep the action fresh.
- Local multiplayer party game – A great way to experience VR with all of your friends at the same time!
- Only one copy of the game needed! If you can talk to the bomb defuser, you can be their expert! Try using your favorite voice chat service and playing remotely.
The bomb defusal manual is freely available at http://www.bombmanual.com and can be printed or viewed on a tablet or any other web-enabled device.
Get Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes For $14.99
#7. Job Simulator
Video Source – OwlchemyLabs
A tongue-in-cheek virtual reality experience for HTC Vive. In a world where robots have replaced all human jobs, step into the “Job Simulator” to learn what it was like ‘to job’.
- Throw a stapler at your boss!
- Learn to ‘job’ in four not-so historically accurate representations of work life before society was automated by robots!
- Use your hands to stack, manipulate, throw, and smash physics objects in an inexplicably satisfying way!
- Aggressively chug coffee and eat questionable food from the trash!
- Use the confluence of decades of VR research to accurately track your every movement to sub-millimeter precision so that you eat VR donuts, of course!
- Able to juggle tomatoes in real life? Do it in VR! Unable to juggle? There’s no cleanup required in VR!
- Gain valuable life experience by firing new employees, serving slushy treats, brewing English tea, and ripping apart car engines!
- Have a comfortable VR experience where vomiting is solely a gameplay mechanic, not a side-effect!
A VR-Only game!
Communicate with the Owlchemy team over Twitter at @OwlchemyLabs
Get Job Simulator For $29.99
#6. Tabletop Simulator
Video Source – Berserk Games
Create your own original games, import custom assets, automate games with scripting, set up complete RPG dungeons, manipulate the physics, create hinges & joints, and of course flip the table when you are losing the game. All with an easy to use system integrated with Steam Workshop. You can do anything you want in Tabletop Simulator. The possibilities are endless
Tabletop Simulator has it all. The base game includes 15 classics like Chess, Poker, Jigsaw Puzzles, Dominoes, and Mahjong. Additionally, there are thousands of community created content on the Workshop. If you’re the tabletop gaming type, we include an RPG Kit which has tilesets & furniture, as well as animated figurines that you can set up and battle with your friends, with even more options in the Chest. There’s even an option for Game Masters so they can control the table!
If you’re into creativity and prototyping, you can easily create your own games by importing images onto custom boards & tables, create custom decks, import 3D models, create scripts, and much more. You can choose to upload your creations on the Steam Workshop or share them privately with your friends.
Fun For All Ages
Everyone can play Tabletop Simulator! Play a classic board game with grandma, have poker night with the guys, or start your epic RPG adventure with your crew. Play almost any tabletop game you can think of! Being a multiplayer-focused game, up to 10 players can play at any given time.
Our downloadable content (DLCs) are different from other games, as we partner with developers and publishers to bring their games into Tabletop Simulator. Each DLC is custom created with high quality assets and special themes that match their games. And best of all, only the host needs to own the DLC for everyone at the table to play.
- Online sandbox with unlimited games to play how you want.
- Multiplayer physics with objects that collide and interact just how you would expect.
- Create your own mods easily with full Steam Workshop support and 3D model importing.
- Take games to the next level with Lua scripting support.
- Play just like you do in real life; pick up, rotate, shake, and throw any object.
- Up to 10 people can play together on the same table.
- Team system with voice and text chat.
- Save & load individual objects and complete games.
- Hotseat allows you to play locally on the same computer with your friends.
- Browse the internet, listen to music, and watch videos in multiplayer, in-game on a tablet.
- Perfect for RPGs – build your very own roleplaying dungeons with our modular tileset, RPG Kit, Multiple States and Tablet (useful for character sheets).
- Great admin tools to enable or disable player permissions and to eliminate griefing in public games.
- 360° panoramic backgrounds that change the lighting and atmosphere.
- Included games: Backgammon, Cards, Chess, Checkers, Chinese Checkers, Custom Board, Dice, Dominoes, Go, Jigsaw Puzzles, Mahjong, Pachisi, Piecepack, Poker, Reversi, RPG Kit, Sandbox, Solitaire, and Tablet.
Get Tabletop Simulator For $19.99
Video Source – Dante Buckley
Onward is a Mil-Sim paced tactical multiplayer shooter, being developed for virtual reality head mounted displays. Players will use coordination, communication, and marksmanship skill to complete objectives in online infantry combat. With dynamic time of day, weather effects, and multiple environments and scenarios, no skirmish will feel the same. With limited respawns, no HUDs, and no crosshairs, players will need their wits and combat skills to survive.
Become fully Immersed in the firefight.
Get Onward For $24.99
#4. Raw Data
Video Source – Survios
Neo-Shinjuku – 2271. The massive and seemingly benevolent Eden Corporation owns the world. The elite hacker resistance movement SyndiK8 has unearthed the sinister reality behind Eden Corp’s newest line of robotic products. As one of SyndiK8’s top operatives, your mission is simple: infiltrate Eden Tower, steal one geopbyte of data, and get out alive–bringing Eden Corp down in your wake.
Built from the ground up for virtual reality, Raw Data’s action combat gameplay, intuitive controls, challenging enemies, and sci-fi atmosphere will completely immerse you within the game world. Go solo—or team up with a friend—and become the adrenaline-charged heroes of your own futuristic technothriller. You will put your wits, boldness, and endurance to the test.
Active VR gameplay turns you into a controller, with instant reflex access to an arsenal of advanced weapons and cutting-edge nanotech powers. Shared spaces with avatars and motion tracking encourage players to physically communicate through body language and environment interaction.
- Active VR Combat: Utilize your body to pump shotguns, draw and fire explosive arrows, dual wield pistols, hurl grenades, slash and slice katanas, deflect projectiles, do gun tricks, or even use your fists in close-quarters combat.
- Choose Your Hero:Play as one of two starting heroes– Bishop, the Gun Cleric, or Saija, the Cyber Ninja –each with their own unique weapons and technopowers, including bullettime, telekinesis, sword throwing, rapid fire, levitation, charged shots, and more. Holster up and pull weapons off your body with physical loadout and check your stats on the in-game forearm display.
- Deadly Defenses: Hack into Eden’s munitions database to access weapon upgrades and deadly defense systems to amplify your shootout strategy. Transform your environment with turrets, barricades, dynamic cover, and traps.
- Adaptable Enemies: Battle against swaths of murderous machines, including ninja stealthers, laser gunners, heavy rocket mechs, jumping crawlers, flying drones, chargers, and more.
- Online Co-op: Team up in a shared co-op VR space that encourages social communication via body language, facial expression, blended animation, and simulated eye contact.
Get Raw Data For $39.99
#3. The Art of Fight | 4vs4 Fast-Paced FPS
Video Source – vrgamecritic
Art of Fight is the fastest-paced multiplayer shooter in VR.
It uses a game-changing locomotion method that avoid motion-sickness allowing unparalleled 4vs4 competitive battles online or against configurable bots.
Being fond of virtual reality, we wanted to create a world dedicated to VR phylosophy. Science fiction and VR are full of good storylines revolving around firefight. We strongly inspired ourselves from the universes of Matrix and Avalone to create our very own world.
About the gameplay:
Each game is divided into 10 rounds (the winner is the first to get to 6; the game can also end with a draw at 5). Each round lasts 2 minutes with 40 seconds extra time when an objective is being disputed. For each new round, players receive money to buy new gear (firearms, weapons, grenades, bulletproof vests, etc.). Survivors keep the gear they bought for the next round. One of the teams has for mission to carry a virus to the infection zones. The opponent team has to recover the object before the first team is able to carry out its mission. The game is made to be as realistic as possible when it comes to weapon control. For example, you will need to recharge your firearms yourselves (don’t forget to bring as many magazines on you as possible) and to properly aim.
For this project, we have developed a brand new natural motion technique. This technique is based on the observation that when we walk our hands often move in the opposite direction of our feet. The player can “catch” the air by clicking on the “menu” button of the controllers and “pull” or “push” his body in the intended direction. This allows the player to move in an intuitive and comfortable manner (and prevents motion sickness) while being fast and agile and, most importantly, without ever ruining the immersion.
For the most sensitive people, it is possible to display a “comfort capsule” which surrounds the player during fast moves. This way, the player will not suffer from nausea as he will have the impression of being inside a cockpit, thus providing his brain fixed references to rely on.
The game is also conceived to be compatible with the majority of VR motion interfaces, such as 3D treadmills and other feet controllers.
VR is a revolutionary technology and we want to create a FPS that shows exactly that. All your feedback is welcome and we will take it into account while proceeding with the game development.
Get The Art of Fight For $17.99
#2. War Thunder
Video Source – PhlyDaily
War Thunder is a free-to-play, cross-platform MMO combat game for Windows, Linux, Mac and PlayStation®4 dedicated to military vehicles used in and around World War II and the Korean War. In War Thunder, you can take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with real players from all over the world in a continuously developing environment.
War Thunder already offers a highly detailed experience in military aviation and ground forces combat, giving players access to a Guinness World Record breaking number of aircraft, as well as an abundance of tanks and other combat vehicles – and the number is constantly rising.
You can feel the unmatched intensity of aerial dogfights in a fighter, the decisive power of commanding a heavy strategic bomber or the heat of battle in a ground attacker, delivering precision strikes against your enemies. Alternatively, you can join the spearhead of armoured vehicles, fighting for dominance over the battlefield on the ground: Man a heavy tank with impressive armour and firepower, use the maneuverability of a medium or light tank to your advantage, or support your team by screening the skies with your anti aircraft vehicle – the choice is yours!
In the future, the game will also allow players to ‘set sail’ by commanding a variety of warships in the fight over the control of the world’s oceans, giving the game a truly epic scale.
Master your vehicles through both upgrades and personal experience in an environment that is constantly expanding and rewarding the personal skill of the player. Organise your efforts in one of the countless player squadrons and become an ace pilot or tanker – or both! Our thriving and welcoming community of millions of players is also actively participating in the game’s ongoing development, offering custom content through War Thunder Live, such as skins, missions and even vehicles.
War Thunder has something for everyone. Play cooperative games with your friends on Windows PC, Linux, Mac or PlayStation 4 against AI, or squad up for a PvP battle in a difficulty setting matching your play style, ranging from Arcade to Simulator using Mouse and Keyboard, Gamepad or Joystick.
- An entire arsenal at your command – Over 500 highly detailed aircraft, tanks, and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- Right into the heat of battle – Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions on various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- A single bullet can make a difference – A realistic damage system for aircraft and ground vehicles involving individual component durability instead of an overall health bar.
- The true free to play experience – Download and play the game for free as much and as long as you like it. Support the ongoing development entirely at your own leisure.
- Crossing the platform border – Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac and PlayStation®4 (more to come) with tens of thousands of players from all over the globe online at the same time.
- Play together with your friends – Rich PvE content including historical and dynamic campaigns, solo missions, a mission editor and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay.
- Challenge the best of the best – Ever expanding tournament and clan battle systems, including ELO-based ranked matches as well as professionally organized events involving hundreds of players.
- Theatrical beauty – Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Take matters in your own hands – Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
- But wait, there is more! – Ever expanding and evolving environment, offering new and exciting content and features with every regular major update.
Get War Thunder Free To Play
#1. Data 2
Video Source – Smosh Games
Dota is a competitive game of action and strategy, played both professionally and casually by millions of passionate fans worldwide. Players pick from a pool of over a hundred heroes, forming two teams of five players. Radiant heroes then battle their Dire counterparts to control a gorgeous fantasy landscape, waging campaigns of cunning, stealth, and outright warfare.
Irresistibly colorful on the surface, Dota is a game of infinite depth and complexity. Every hero has an array of skills and abilities that combine with the skills of their allies in unexpected ways, to ensure that no game is ever remotely alike. This is one of the reasons that the Dota phenomenon has continued to grow. Originating as a fan-made Warcraft 3 modification, Dota was an instant underground hit. After coming to Valve, the original community developers have bridged the gap to a more inclusive audience, so that the rest of the world can experience the same core gameplay, but with the level of polish that only Valve can provide.
Get a taste of the game that has enthralled millions.
Get Dota 2 Free To Play
As you can see from this Top 10 list, the HTC Vive is no push over. It already has several amazing games released. As the VR war heats up this week, we’ll see if the price tag of PlayStation’s VR is the deciding factor. HTC & Occulus got a nice jump start, but not only do I not have the money for the hardware, I can’t afford a gaming rig to support either. If your one of the few with fat pockets who could afford the HTC Vive, please leave a review in the comment section below.