Bandai Namco recently took to the PlayStation.blog to announce Tales of Berseria’s Western release date. Tagging along with the game’s launch date is the announcement of the Collector’s Edition. Tales of Berseria dropped on August 18th over in Japan for PS3 and PS4, while the West is set to get the game for PC and PS4 on January 24th, 2017.
This special edition will be available for $149.99, and includes Exclusive Tales of Berseria SteelBook case and more.
- Exclusive Tales of Berseria SteelBook case
- Velvet and Laphicet Chibi Kyun Chara figures
- Exclusive 8-Bit retro keychain set
- Special Selection Music CD
- Hardcover prequel novel “A Witch’s Tale: A World Full of Daemons”
- Set of Tales of Berseria trading cards
- Tales of Berseria starter strategy guide artbook
(This special edition will be in limited quantity and only 10,000 of them will be sold.)
Just like with Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Symphonia, Berseria will have a similar distant narrative connection with predecessor Zestiria. The upcoming game will also be the first in the Tales series to have a single female protagonist.
Previously, female character Milla Maxwell of Tales of Xillia shared the protagonist role with male character Jude Mathis. Her popularity, as well as growing demand for female lead characters, influenced the decision that Berseria would have a female lead.