Armed with a flamethrower, venture deep into sick space whales to fight their infections face-to-face in this 2D Combat platformer!
- Blubber Busters is a 2D action platformer with an emphasis on frantic combat! Fight through larger-than-life infections to cure what ails your gargantuan patients — whether it’s bizarre bacteria, pesky parasites, malfunctioning mechanics, or aliens hitching a free ride! We found inspiration in games like Mega Man X, Super Metroid and Metal Slug.
- Fast-paced combat with a splash of exploration that hearkens back to 2D combat platformers of yesteryear, but with unique twists offered by each of its playable characters. It’s up to the player to decide which character is best for each situation. The goal is to seamlessly blend frenetic combat with platforming exploration and discovery!
- Skills, upgrades and unlockables! It’s all about helping those poor, sweet space whales, but on your own terms. Each patient effectively represents a level that will enable you to earn cash and test your fighting mettle.
- Upgrade your space station! Your Orbital SVP (that’s Space Veterinary Platform) has seen better days and can’t function without a solid crew and the proper resources.
- Strategic care! To accommodate more patients or build a research lab to analyze infections and get an edge with the latest tech — there’s lots of room to grow and it’s on you to get things up and running again.
- Treating whales earns you cash! As you play, the whales who show up to your orbital “waiting room” will start exhibiting more and more acute symptoms; you’ll have to quickly decide how to optimize your exploration for upgrades and needs for cash against the growing demands of your patients. Each patient effectively represents a level that will enable you to earn cash and test your fighting mettle.
- The Orbital SVP! When you aren’t getting your hands dirty inside of patients, you’ll have the opportunity to spend some down-time growing your space station from a gutted wreck into a thriving medical facility! There will be plenty of sights to see, characters to interact with and learn about, upgrades to upgrade, and story to uncover about how things on the orbital SVP got to where they are.
- Humanoids and space whales coexist in harmony, in the very-much-distant future, culturing a mutually beneficial relationship. Naturally as a result, clinics have sprung up across the stars, offering these magnificent beasts relief from whatever ails them in return for a number of goods and/or services. Usually cash.
- A disease of unknown origin has surfaced, causing mutations and aggressive behavior in these otherwise sweet and docile space creatures. Clinics have started to go dark, with no end in sight. Rudy is a janitor at one such clinic whose hardly a trained surgeon, but he’s all the poor creatures have left.
- Follow Rudy and his crew as they take on the burden of keeping these burdensome beasts healthy in a world rife with guts, eccentric aliens and quack doctors! As you race to save those magnificent space babies, a sinister plot begins to unfold… Good luck, Doctor!
- Swap that formal medical education for hands-on experience! Ethics are great and all, but you have a job to do. Your patients, lovable lummoxes as they are, don’t just get sick from disease.
- Ailments galore! They suffer from indigestion, cholesterol-caked blood vessels, alien head-colds, virus-ridden prosthetics, infected bowels, or even genetic disorders. Treat them by any means necessary, there’s no medical board watching over your shoulder in space.
Video Source – Thar Be Monsters
Article Source – Kickstarter