Pokemon Uranium Mac
How to run Uranium on Mac OS X
One of our fans found a way to run Pokemon Uranium 4.0 on Mac OSX using Wine!
Greetings fellow Trainers! I couldn’t find any posts about running Uranium on Mac, so I thought I’d let you know how to go about it if you so choose.
– Mac OSX 10.9.5
– Wine 1.6.1
To configure wine (one-time setup):
- Download Uranium’s .MSI file and right-click. Run with Wine. Complete installation wizard.
- Go to Wine > Configuration.
- Under Applications, Add application… – navigate to your Pokemon Uranium installation and select it by double-clicking on the “Uranium.exe” file.
- For “Windows Version”, select “Windows XP”.
- Switch to “Libraries” tab. Type “dwrite” into “New override for library” and click “Add”. Edit the dwrite override and select “Disable”. Hit “Apply” to close configuration window.
- Go to Wine > winetricks. Check “d3dx9_36”, “directplay”, “directmusic” and click “Apply”.
Now you should be able to launch and play Uranium without problems (Wine > File Manager, then navigate to the Uranium.exe). If you want a desktop shortcut to run Uranium in a snap, you should be able to use wine bottler to make that happen.
These are the steps I took based on the errors I saw on my machine – YMMV, but give it a shot and let me know if it works for you, too!