Pokémon: Cobalt and Amethyst
Development team Phoenix Projects has been working on a mod for Minecraft named “Pokémon: Cobalt and Amethyst” for some time now. This mod is basically a completely new Pokémon region built entirely with Minecraft.
the exciting new Pokémon: Cobalt and Amethyst features battling, capturing, training Pokémon, fighting trainers, and challenging Gym Leaders. Everything you love about Pokémon with a Minecraft feel.
You can find the download link, full description, and install instruction in the below videos description on YouTube. I’ll also add a copy under the video. Please note that you will need a unmodded copy of Minecraft to install.
Video Source – Phoenix SC
Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst is a 1.8.8 single player vanilla Minecraft map that recreates the original Pokémon role-playing game in Minecraft.
This includes battling, capturing, and training Pokémon, fighting trainers, and challenging Gym Leaders and, ultimately, the Pokémon League.
Everything you love in Pokémon is now here as a vanilla adventure map, ready to play! Experience the open world and 3D sensation Minecraft offers!
The map places itself in a never-before-seen region, featuring a new set of 136 Pokémon and a new story dominated by an antagonist threatening to release a Legendary darkness that demands tribute.
It is your task to seek the truth with the help of the region’s Professor and your rival – either capture it before it’s too late, or take Team Tempest down while saving the lives of those closest to you.
MAP SETTINGS & REQUIREMENTS
- Allocate at least 2 GB RAM to your Minecraft client.
- Estimated gameplay time: 60-80 hours
- 1. Run Minecraft version 1.8.7 or 1.8.8 for optimal playing experience. Install the map as normal (you do not need to install the resource pack separately; it has been embedded into the world save). Please do not use any other resource packs.
- 2. It is recommended that you install Optifine at http://optifine.net/downloads and ensure you are running no other mods. Although playing the map without Optifine is sufficient, you may notice visual imperfections and/or frame lag especially on weaker computers.
- 3. Please set your chat settings to the following (this may be adjusted according to your Minecraft client’s resolution): Scale: 100%; Focused Height: 120px; Unfocused Height (currently shows an error): 100px; Width: 320px
- 3a. Set your language to U.S. English.
- 4. Please set your view distance to at least 16 chunks, and FOV to normal.
- 5. Set the volume for ‘Music’ to 0.
- 6. Do NOT backtrack in chat. This generally includes attempting to click buttons in previous chat logs. Avoid spam clicking buttons. Previous chat logs serve as memory only.
- 6a. Do not quit out of the map in the middle of dialogue/cutscene, function, or battle. This will break the map (if this occurs to you, please contact me immediately).
- 6b. If there is a clickable arrow in the most recent chat log, you must click it before doing anything else.
- 7. All Items work via right-click, except the Bike which is activated by dropping it (default key: Q).In order to avoid or remedy any game-breaking glitches, MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS of the map.