More than games’: Ticket sales for gamescom congress 2017 starts
- First top-level speakers announced
- Early bird ticket discount until 11 July
Computer games have made it to the permanent exhibition of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, NGOs such as the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) are using games to make the world just that bit better, and more and more companies are using technologies from computer games to be successful in the market.
The gamescom congress is Europe’s leading conference for computer games trends and their potential beyond mere fun on the home console. In keeping with this year’s motto “More than games”, gamescom congress wants to highlight issues such as the potential economic applications of games and their relevance for culture and society.
This year, the congress will once more host high-calibre speakers from Germany and elsewhere, including Paul Galloway from MoMA in New York, Dr. Markus Gabriel (Germany’s youngest professor in philosophy), Edward Partridge from the WWF and YouTuber Matt Lees from London.
The congress will take place as a part of gamescom, the largest computer and video game event in the world. Tickets for the congress on 23 August 2017 are now available at www.gamescom-congress.com . Tickets will be available at a special price until 11 July 2017.
On 23 August, Cologne will be again the place to be for interested business representatives from all industries, as well as creatives, educators, politicians and researchers. How credible is influencer marketing? How does a long-haul flight become a multiplayer session? What are computer games doing at MoMA? Why are games important for training journalists? 30 programme points, divided into five main topics, will cover all these questions and more:
- More than knowledge (examples: youth media protection, digital media in schools and education)
- More than business (examples: influencer marketing, in-flight entertainment, eSports marketing)
- More than gamification (examples: knowledge and technology transfer from the game industry)
- More than legal (examples: law in eSports, business with virtual items)
- More than life (examples: games from a philosophical standpoint, games and their impact on world politics, games at MoMA in New York)
Beginning and end of the event:
Admission to gamescom congress 2017 begins on 23 August at 9:00 a.m.
The conference in the Congress Centre North at Koelnmesse ends at 5:00 p.m.
- The ticket shop is available at www.gamescom-congress.com .
- Admission costs Euro 69.00. The congress ticket combined with a trade visitor ticket for gamescom on 23 August costs Euro 105.00.
- Tickets are on offer for both categories at an early bird rate of Euro 59.00 or Euro 95.00 respectively up to and including 11 July 2017.
- Tickets are available at the event box office for Euro 79.00 or Euro 119.00 respectively.
- Tickets for students and teachers cost Euro 25.00. A verification is required and must be shown at the day of the conference.
The form for press accreditation is available at http://bit.ly/2rAdKGB.
In 2017, gamescom congress has once more been accredited as a training programme for teachers and educators. Participants can request a corresponding document on the day of the event and have a certificate issued for themselves at the event.