The follow-up to the Five Nights at Freddy’s series here, but this time you’re on the same side as the creepy Freddy Fazbear. The horror series is leaving the jump scares in the funhouse and embarking on a role-playing adventure.
The game was originally set to release on February 19, But surprisingly it got released early and is now live on Steam where it’ll cost you $9.99/£6.99.
Along with the game’s release, comes a few scant details about the game itself. “With 40 playable characters, multiple endings, multiple difficulties, and a great soundtrack from artist Leon Riskin, FNaF World hits the ground running and doesn’t stop. Take control of Freddy and the gang as they set out on a quest in the world beneath worlds, a world that reflects the actions and deeds of the ‘flipside’, where things have started becoming distorted and broken. Lead your team deeper into this digital world to find the source of these glitches and monsters, and restore it to what it was designed to be- a safe haven.”
Its Steam page also notes that it has some unusual battle commands that beginners will need to know:
- Birthday – Temporarily increases attack, defense, and speed. Very useful in the early parts of the game.
- Waterhose – Instantly kills enemies under 30% health.
- Giftboxes – Puts a gift-box at the feet of each of your team members. When they die, it will automatically bring them back to life with full health.
- Hot Cheese – Put globs of hot cheese on the floor, doing damage-over-time to enemies.
- Unscrew – 30% chance of instant death to one enemy.
- Esc Key – Chance of death for all enemies on screen. (less likely to work than Unscrew)
- Mystery Box – Swaps out all members of your party for random characters. They go back to normal after the battle is over.
- Prize Ball – Performs a random attack.
- Jumpscare – Stuns enemies for a few seconds. Less effective on bosses.
The video refers to the characters as “cute” now, rather than scary. Five Nights At Freddy’s has completely altered the tone and theme of the game from a survival horror point-and-click to a cute and fuzzy RPG littered with bright, vibrant colors and cutesy characteristics.