Deep Silver and Red Thread Games have announced today that the adventure Dreamfall Chapters will arrive on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 24, 2017.
The release will include the full story, meaning all five episodes, and all 13 chapters, at digital and retail for $29.99 USD.
Dreamfall Chapters began in 2013 with a Kickstarter campaign. It was what Ragnar Tornquist, former director of The Secret World at Funcom, did next. He created a new studio called Red Thread Games and went back to the game, The Longest Journey, he had become known for.
Here’s an overview of the game:
Dreamfall Chapters is a 3D Adventure set in parallel worlds: one a dark cyberpunk vision of our future, the other a magical fantasy realm. The game follows two unlikely heroes on their journeys across worlds to save the very fabric of reality from falling apart. Dreamfall Chapters is a mature, emotional, dark, magical and heart-breaking adventure that will take players by surprise.
Both console versions of Dreamfall Chapters come with numerous enhancements: reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects. Plus an expanded in-game soundtrack as well as improved sound-effects.
- Gripping Story: Experience a deep and emotional storyline with over 100 fully voiced characters in EN and DE and continue the epic saga of The Longest Journey.
- Far-Reaching Decisions:Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences.
- Exciting Exploration: Delve into over 50 beautifully crafted locations, exploring each of them using the direct control interface.
- Diverse Worlds: Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of our future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape.
- Three Playable Characters: Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls.
- Challenging Puzzles and Riddles: Solve the completely plot-driven puzzles and riddles which are an integral part of the game’s narrative.
- Enhanced on Consoles: Enjoy the definitive experience of Dreamfall Chapters on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects plus an expanded in-game soundtrack as well as improved sound-effects.